Before Your Visit
Please read the following instructions as they are specific guidelines that you must follow prior to your test. If this is your first thermogram, please complete all paperwork download here beforehand and take it to your appointment. If you have any questions, please phone to clarify. All information is confidential and is used to calculate your Risk Index. The Risk Index is used by the physician who will read your scan.
If you are pre menopausal, it is ideal to make your appointment in the first 2 weeks of your cycle.
- Tie your hair up and do not wear jewellery around the neck area (just for the imaging)
- No prolonged sun exposure (especially sunburn) to the breasts 5 days prior to your exam
- No use of lotions, creams, powders, or makeup on the breasts the day of the appointment
- No use of deodorants or antiperspirants the day of your appointment
- No physical stimulation or treatment of the breasts (ie ultrasound,massage) 24 hours prior to the appointment
- No exercise 4 hours prior to your appointment
- No coffee 3 hours prior to your appointment
- No underarm shaving on the day of the appointment to avoid skin abrasions
- If bathing, it must be at least 1 hour before the appointment
- Avoid smoking at least 2 hours before the appointment
- No hot or cold pack use 24hrs before the scan.
Please notify us of cancellations within 24 hours of the appointment time. Missed appointments will be charged at $50.